Monday, January 12, 2009

Tristan's welcome party


We threw a welcome party for Tristan this weekend.  Most of the people that came already met Tristan but we never had the energy to really celebrate Tristan's birth with anyone until now.  I made spinach dip and bought some sourdough bread for some of the appetizers.  We also served foie gras on bought dried toast and my brother-in-law brought over some of the meatballs that he made.  For the main course, I made chicken lasagna.  Yes, 2 cooked dishes from me.  That was all I could handle!  For dessert, we ordered a chestnut cake from Maxim's and served cranberry bread that my brother-in-law made.  We also bought lots of chips and cookies too but we never got to opening any of them.

Tristan was passed around the room and we took pictures.  I had to disappear with him a few times to nurse him.  The party got quite loud at times with several conversations going on at once but Tristan didn't seem to mind too much.  We were surprised he didn't cry more.  The party was held between 11-3PM though. We thought the environment would overstimulate him.  Well, we're thankful he didn't embarrass us too much :)  I'm also very relieved that we survived the party!  I thought it was going to be too much work but it turned out alright.  Buying paper plates and disposable utensils and cups really saved us cleanup time.

Yeah, it's definitely challenging hosting parties and entertaining.  We probably won't have another for awhile.  Although Jean-Louis' birthday is coming up but maybe we'll just have a nice and quiet meal at home.  It's a good thing we're not the type of people that want to go out much.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails