Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Getting ready for daycare

I have been meaning to write a post about the two hours I spend with Tristan every morning before daycare. Yes, it takes us that long to do our morning routine before we can leave the house for daycare. If I had a full time job outside of the home, I would be doom! Luckily, I don't and we pretty much get to take our time in the morning :)

I don't like disturbing Tristan from his night sleep so I let him wake up on his own. I think we have only ever woken him twice in the morning. For emergencies though, I do set an alarm for us because it would be crazy to arrive at daycare in time for lunch.

Here is our morning routine:
  • 7AM - Wake up
  • 7-7:20 - Potty time for both of us, wipe face, change diaper, change Tristan into day clothes
  • 7:20-7:30 - Change myself into day clothes, wash & lotion my face, all while Tristan plays
  • 7:30-7:45 - Put away dry dishes & prepare Tristan's milk
  • 7:45-8:05 - Prepare breakfast for Tristan & hot drink for me, all while Tristan drinks his milk
  • 8:05-8:50 - Eat breakfast, clean up, bag daycare lunch
  • 8:50-9:15 - Brush teeth, potty, apply sunblock
  • 9:20 - Walk to daycare
  • 9:30 - Arrive at daycare

1 comments:

harriet glynn said...

It really takes amazingly long time to get these little creatures ready doesn't it? Sounds like you have the routine down pat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails