Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas sugar cookies for gifting

When sugar cookies are so pretty, I just want to share them or give them away. They make great gifts because they show that you have put in time and hard work. At least that is my hope. It was my fifth time making sugar cookies and I think it shows. Not only did I make and decorate them in record time, I think they turned out nicer than all the previous attempts. I packed most of them and gave them away to my family. I kept the not-so-great ones for us to eat over the next few days :)

I'm happy with the way they turned out but yes, there is still room for improvement. I love how no matter how many times you do something, there is always something to learn! This time I learned that if you leave icing out to long and it runs out near the end, the color and icing separate and you end up squeezing mostly liquid. I almost ruined my cookies but I corrected them by sprinkling on some color sprinkles in that area. You can see this in the trees below. It actually made the trees look more interesting :)

Hope everyone had fun baking during Christmas. I sure did!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails