Thursday, February 23, 2012

I've hit the gym!

I went to the gym twice this week. Monday was my first time in probably 10 years. Ever since running a lot outside, I have had no need or interest in the gym at all. The main reason I am going now is that I have a groupon to use up for a gym in my neighborhood. However, I can only go use the machines there since they barely have any fitness classes that fit in my schedule. I hope to try one of their balance classes one day. It's a small club of just 200 members. So far, I have only used their stair master and treadmill. The added bonus to my trip to the gym is that I get to catch up on all my podcasts now. I have actually enjoyed listening to a lot of them and have learned a thing or two along the way :)

I'm also running outside still. Just twice a week. No, I'm not on boot camp. I probably should be though. The exercising has increased but the eating has not changed. I pretty much still eat chocolate or some kind of sweet baked food every day. I keep saying that the diet will start once the junk food is gone. The problem is we have A LOT of junk food at home. Good grief. We still have Halloween treats for crying out loud!

On top of my new gym routine this week, I have also been preoccupied with an idea lately. One minute I was thinking about starting a food blog and the next minute, I found myself brainstorming names and then buying a domain name for it. Shortly after that, I photoshopped a header for the homepage. It's a bit of an obsession really and I haven't even blogged yet! When the first post rolls out, I'll be sure to announce it here.

Work has been a bit busier this week as well and that always makes me happy. Every time I work, I feel so grateful afterwards knowing that I can work part time on such a flexible schedule. I don't work many hours but it's nice to receive even a small pay cheque every month :) Plus, I like what I do and with more success, I'll be able to contribute more hours. I'm counting on doing this long term when Tristan goes to school too. It would be great not to have to rely on before and after school care. I love spending a lot of time with him.

In ending this post, I leave you with a silly picture of Tristan pretending to walk on the moon. The living room is the moon and the cushion on the floor is the moon rock. Jean-Louis and I were preparing dinner last weekend when this happened. For your information, it was all Tristan's idea! :)

Pretend walking on the moon. Like his spacesuit?

1 comments:

zud said...

love food blogs, can't wait to see it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails