Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween excitement and baking

Every year I carve a pumpkin to celebrate Halloween. Kids don't come by our place for candy because we are a gated complex and so we don't buy Halloween candy. I'm scared to watch horror movies and I feel like fireworks is a waste of money and unsafe so we don't do those either. We're somewhat anti-social, which means we don't have any cool friends to have a costume party and act wild with. I'm obviously too old to go trick-or-treating and so I never dress up in costume. To make matters worst, Jean-Louis is sort of anti-Halloween because in France, they just don't do anything for Halloween. So sadly, I only carve a pumpkin for Halloween. Why? I enjoy carving and I guess it makes me feel a bit better about being so lame during what used to be one of my favorite days of the year.

This year things have changed. We bought some fall foliage to display in the house. I'm throwing a small family Halloween party. We're taking Tristan trick-or-treating for the first time. We're also taking him to a public Halloween event. I carved pumpkins we purchased from our pumpkin patch trip. I baked lots this week, including Halloween cookies for the first time. Why? Because Tristan is old enough to enjoy these things now and because I have time. As a result, I am back to being excited about Halloween and I don't feel so lame anymore :) I don't get jealous of other people's twitpics of costumes, pumpkins, or cookies and cakes. I get to tweet the same stuff now! Plus, Halloween falls on a weekend this year. It's all awesome :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails