Friday, February 5, 2010

First accident at daycare

It's nothing serious but today, Tristan fell and hit his head on the book shelf. He has a couple of bruises on his face. When we arrived to pick him up at the usual time, the first thing one of the staff said to me was that she needed me to sign something. She explained that there was an accident and that he cried and they iced his bumps. He only wanted her to comfort him, not the other daycare staff. There was a handwritten note explaining everything and signed by the staff reporting it. I had to sign below that note. I quickly read the note and then signed it. I must say that felt a bit strange.

It must have just happened recently since one of the other workers had just left. Usually when we arrive, everyone is all smiles and today's mood was a bit distressed. I wasn't sure what to think. He seemed fine when we picked him up and I couldn't see anything on his face. It wasn't until tonight that the bruise really started to show color. I think the staff at daycare probably felt bad that it happened and wasn't sure how we were going to react. We were somewhat expressionless and then we told them that he falls and bumps himself at home a lot. Anyway, it is bound to happen at some point. There are toys everywhere and the babies don't exactly try to step over them or walk around them; they just charge right through. I'm a bit surprised accidents don't happen more often. Now that I think about it, the accident could have been worst, depending on how he landed. Needless to say we are relieved our little Tristan is okay. I always think of him as my tough little boy!

1 comments:

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

Poor little guy. :(

My son got a black eye at Sunday School last week. A lot of glum-looking teachers when we went to get him. I think my son enjoyed the notoriety myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails