Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mommy, I don't want to eat!

Tristan is going through a phase where he isn't interested in food anymore. He some times won't even want to eat his favorites foods. I mean he still eats what we give him but it will take a bit more nagging from us to get him to start eating. Then more nagging and maybe a bride for him to finish his meal. It can be exhausting! Some times nothing works so then we keep what he doesn't eat and give it back to him again for the next dining period. A few times, he had to eat his leftover dinner for breakfast. I hate having to do that and thankfully, this has only happened a few times ever. One of the solutions for mealtime during these "I hate food" phases, is to feed him ourselves. That seems to work but Jean-Louis absolutely hates doing that :( Sure, I would prefer Tristan to eat on his own all the time too but sometimes I worry he isn't eating enough. Since we can't really feed him because it angers Jean-Louis too much, we resort to nagging and bribing (e.g. with fruit & movie watching). It's all bad really. Sigh.
"Mommy, I don't want to eat."
30 minutes later: small nibbles
60-90 minutes later: "Look Mommy. I did it!"

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails